Queen City Contra Dancers Buffalo NY
May 12, 2023
(Doors Open at 7:15pm)
We are back & dancing!!! Come join us!
Due to conflict with Church usage we have to cancel the April 28th dance.
Join us next month May 12 when we dance at St John’s Lutheran Church 55 Pleasant Ave Lancaster.
The Queen City Contra Dancers’ board has determined that our dances are now open to everyone regardless of your vaccination status. No testing required either. Masking is optional but it is encouraged. I hope that this good news will result in our seeing you on our dance floor again!
Windows and doors will be open and fans in place to aid in ventilation, as necessary.
As always, you dance “at your own risk.”
Dance location “Home” site:
UU Church, 695 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY
* Sometimes we dance on 5th Saturdays, too!
* Most dances run from 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM.
* Contra-basics for newcomer friends at 7:00 PM
* No partner required. Come alone, or with friends and family, or with a significant other, just come!
* No experience required. Beginners welcome! All dances are taught and walked through.
* No special outfits required. We recommend loose, breathable clothing and clean, flat, soft-soled shoes. Sneakers and Hush Puppies are good. Cowboy boots and high heels are NOT good; not only do those shoes damage wooden dance floors, but they are difficult to move around in, and we do move around!
* Due to the unusual circumstance of Covid, all attending the dance will need to;
Either present proof of vaccination and boosters, last booster at least 2 weeks prior
take a Covid test upon arrival at the venue with negative Covid result.
AND affirm no symptoms and not in contact with anyone known to have Covid.
AND wear a mask at all times indoors.
All persons entering are to provide name, address, phone number and email in case we should need to reach them.
* QCCD will not have use of the kitchen and will not be providing snacks or beverages.Bring your own if you like, for consumption outdoors or remove yourself from others for a quick sip of water.
* Windows and doors will be open and fans in place to aid in ventilation.
* Parking is available street side, additional parking is at Parish Commons located on the opposite West Ferry and Elmwood Corners. Some limited parking in the lot next to the church is usually for set up/take down crew, band and caller, if arriving after 7 pm and there is space, please feel free to park there. Please DO NOT park in the bank lot, you most likely will be towed.
General admission: $10.00 (Pay more if you can, less if you cannot.)
Members: $8.00 (Pay more if you can, less if you cannot.)
Students with ID: $5.00
Children under 12: Free
Spectators: A donation to help compensate the band
Join QCCD and get $2 off admission
* All Queen City dances are smoke-free and alcohol-free.
* You are dancing at your own risk at all times.
Dancing Makes Me Feel
“Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists.”
Queen City Contra Dancers Buffalo NY regrets the necessity of reminding you that all pages are copyright (C) 2020, all rights reserved.
No portion of it may be reproduced in any form without permission.