About Queen City Contra Dancers Buffalo NY
We dance on 1st and 3rd Saturdays from September to June and 3rd Saturdays only in July and August
Dance location “Home” site:
UU Church, 695 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY
* Sometimes we dance on 5th Saturdays, too!
* Most dances run from 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM.
* Contra-basics for newcomer friends at 7:00 PM
* No partner required. Come alone, or with friends and family, or with a significant other, just come!
* No experience required. Beginners welcome! All dances are taught and walked through.
* No special outfits required. We recommend loose, breathable clothing and clean, flat, soft-soled shoes. Sneakers and Hush Puppies are good. Cowboy boots and high heels are NOT good; not only do those shoes damage wooden dance floors, but they are difficult to move around in, and we do move around!
* Parking is available street side, additional parking is at Parish Commons located on the opposite West Ferry and Elmwood Corners. Some limited parking in the lot next to the church is usually for set up/take down crew, band and caller, if arriving after 7 pm and there is space, please feel free to park there. Please DO NOT park in the bank lot, you most likely will be towed.
General admission: $10.00
Students with ID: $5.00
Children under 12: Free
Spectators: A donation to help compensate the band
* All Queen City dances are smoke-free and alcohol-free.
* You are dancing at your own risk at all times.